Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's a full moon out tonight!

We left Breckenridge this morning after just one night. It was 34F when I took Gabbi out for her morning "walk", just a bit too cold for me after several days of 90F weather! It was another short day of driving and all along I-70 we saw nothing but beautiful fall scenery. I thought Utah was great, but western Colorado is just as beautiful and both states rival the Pacific Northwest. I'll never get tired of driving through Utah or Colorado.

Tiger Run RV Resort ~ Breckenridge
Gabbi enjoying the view near our campsite
 
More Portrait in Yellow
Coming into Frisco, just outside Breckenridge













The most exercise we got today was walking around Sam's Club in Arvada to do a little shopping and the long walk back to our RV which we park as far away as possible because we take up at least 15 parking spots, probably more. My lower back is starting to bug me from all the sitting while driving and we're just getting started! Where is my Teeter inversion table when I need it? Too bad it doesn't fit in the RV. I don't need another ailment, I'm still dealing with a frozen shoulder and even though it's slowly getting better, it holds me back when I need to use it most. It kept me from skiing last December so it's been almost a year since it started ~ enough already!

A little over an hour after our shopping spree, we pulled into KOA in Limon, Colorado. It's so nice to have the luxury of being able to stop for the night while it's still early. Tomorrow morning after Gabbi has a bath, we'll be leaving for Ellis, Kansas. It's a four hour drive and we're staying at a county park we camped at two years ago and really enjoyed. In just three days, we'll be in Branson for two whole weeks without moving! Can you tell I'm happy about that?

While we're away, we're having some maintenance done on our house. The logs are being sanded and restained. What a mess! We're just glad to be away while it's being done. Hope we recognize our own home when we return!  


2 comments:

  1. Wow the scenery is just breath taking!!!!!! Sure puts everything in perspective. I think you need to scrapbook! LOLOL Can't wait to see all the adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post, Shelly! I wouldn't have believed there was a more beautiful place than the Pacific Northwest, but I've seen it with my own eyes...pictures just don't do justice.

    ReplyDelete