Yesterday in Grand Junction, just after we got settled in, I had to go out and have a talk with a lady who obviously didn't have a clue about campground ettiquette. She was walking her two dogs and if she had read the campground rules, she would've known to keep them on the asphalt until she got to the pet relief area. Well, she actually let her dog poop on our campsite's grassy area near our picnic table! I was nice about it but told her it was a big no no. Then her other dog tried to hump my leg! She feigned ignorance and asked where the pet area was, but I'm sorry, there is no excuse! If she had not picked up her dog's stuff, I would've asked her where her campsite was so I could bring it and Gabbi's over later! I could tell she was not happy as she walked off, she said, "I picked it up so you won't have to step in sh*t." This was an older lady [probably about my age, lol] and she should've known better! Sheesh, it takes all kinds. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!
Driving on I-70 eastbound through Colorado is absolutely gorgeous! We've only driven I-70 westbound from Denver Airport to Breckenridge and usually in the dark with snow. This is the first time we've been here other than in winter! Wow, it is beautiful! It was an easy drive following I-70 along the Eagle river, a tributary of the Colorado River, with lots of white water rafters and fishermen in boats and on the bank. We passed the turn offs for Aspen and Steamboat Springs and drove right past Vail which was just a portrait in yellow! The scenery is just wonderful. We were at an elevation of 10,603' just before passing by the Copper Mtn Ski Resort and could only get up to about 35mph uphill. Well, I know where we'll be visiting next February when we're back in Breckenridge, so the boys can say they skied Vail!
Just as wonderful is the Tiger Run RV Resort where we are staying at an elevation of about 9100 feet. Hopefully Kris will do OK. He rents an oxygen concentrator each year when we come here to ski, otherwise he gets severe migraine headaches from the altitude. So far, so good.
We went to our favorite restaurant for dinner in Breckenridge: Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Ed & Connie, sure wish you were there with us! Afterwards, we went next door to the outdoor crepe stand and had dessert! Oh my, did we eat too much! But we couldn't resist, the line is ALWAYS too long in February when we're usually there. While we were standing there eating our crepes, the sky opened up and it started raining! That was a total surprise after the hot days we've been experiencing. Tomorrow should be sunny.
No comments:
Post a Comment