Wednesday, September 22, 2010

We're almost to Branson...

It was another short day and a very windy drive with boring scenery but we made it to Wakeeney, Kansas. It is extremely windy here tonight and we're expecting a thunderstorm during the night and rain tomorrow. It's so windy, I keep thinking something's going to fly up and hit me in the head at any moment when I'm walking Gabbi. This weather is apparently just passing through as the entire next week is forecast to be sunny here.

We lost another hour today as we entered the Central Time Zone, so even though the clock says 10:45pm, it's hard to realize it's only 9:45 because I'm so tired. I should go to bed, but I still need to take Gabbi out one more time . . . hope it's not raining yet!

The campground owners here have a Yorkie named Sophie who will be 2 years old Oct 3 and weighs 11 lbs. She'd be a perfect playmate for Gabbi who weighs 10 lbs and turns 2 years old on Oct 18! I hope they have a chance to play together tomorrow before we leave.

When we got here, Gabbi and I took a long walk around the campground and I snapped a couple of pictures. The pet area is really cute. There is a spot for "country dog" and "city dog".  Next, we were walking by a tiny little wooden trailer and outside were sitting a man and his St. Bernard. The dog barked and barked at Gabbi but luckily it was on a leash. I don't know how the man and dog both fit inside the trailer. It looks like it is home made, cute little thing. Of course, I had to take a picture of our RV. The clouds were getting darker by the moment and I think there was to be a Harvest Moon tonight, but not for us...

  
Decisions, decisions!

A man, a dog and their tiny trailer





The Lanning RV [in the center]


Tomorrow, we'll be in Topeka, KS and it just so happens the campground we've reserved is filled with Foretravel RVs from the Central Plains Motorcade Club Chapter so we'll have a chance to say hello! It's always fun to run into other Foretravel RV owners.

Tonight after dinner, I sat here and finished off my pint of Whidbey Island "Mukilteo Espresso" flavor ice cream and it was delicious! We know the owners of Whidbey Island Ice Cream ~ they are Foretravel owners and always bring lots of flavors of their ice cream to share at our chapter rallies. I sure wish I had more! Then again, maybe I don't...I don't want to gain back the 10 lbs I lost over the summer! It feels so good to fit into my clothes again. Check it out at http://www.whidbeyislandicecream.com/.

Goodnight, all.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment