Monday, November 29, 2010

Mazatlan, here we come!

We had a great time in Montgomery [just north of Houston] with Ed & Connie during the week of Thanksgiving! The sun was shining almost every day and it was around 80F until a couple of days ago. Seems a cold front managed to find us even here, way down south . . . brrrrrrr. Even so, the sun is shining and while it's a bit chilly, it beats snow and rain. No matter, we'll be warming up in Mazatlan in a couple days...

Thanksgiving was spent eating turkey dinner at the clubhouse where Ed & Connie live. It was so nice not to have to cook or clean up, but to just sit and eat to our heart's content while enjoying the company of our friends. The food was really quite good [that's an understatement] and as usual, we ate too much! Should've skipped dessert but this is the one day a year where we don't hold back! I went to bed mighty early that night, could not keep my eyes open!

The Sunday after Turkey Day, we headed back to Nacogdoches to square away some things [more on that later]. Today we were on Tornado watch for awhile but it seems to have passed and without the 1.5" hail that was supposed to happen. We are so relieved, hail and RVs are not a good mix!

We left Gabbi behind and she kept Ed & Connie's dogs, Brisbane and Chelsea, company. Today, Kris and I went out to run some errands and I'm sure he's sorry he took me along. I discovered a wonderful clothing store and found a bunch of really cute things. He actually found several things for himself which helped take the heat off of me. The best part is everything was on clearance or at least half off. Never mind that we have run out of places to store things in the RV! Our dresser drawers are already bulging but there are always boxes and counter tops. I think this is a sure sign that we aren't meant to live full time in our RV like many of the folks we have met along the way. Some have actually sold everything and been roaming the country for over 10 years and love every minute of it. Me, I'm starting to hear the call of home. I told Kris when we get back from Mazatlan, I'm ready to head towards home!

We found out today that one of the motorcade trips we had signed up to do next year, Washington D.C., has been cancelled. As much as we would have loved to go there [neither of us have ever been there], we are somewhat relieved as we were feeling we might have overbooked ourselves next year. It's always disappointing when a motorcade is cancelled but we were trying to figure out how we were going to do it all. Now we have one less thing to worry about! There will be other opportunities to go to Wash. D.C. down the road.

Tomorrow, Kris and I will be heading back to Montgomery where all of the dogs will be going to a place called The Pet Resort while we head off to Mazatlan for two whole weeks! We are all so ready for that. Swimsuits and pool toys are packed. I promise more pictures are coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment