We spent all last week taking care of the necessary, but mundane affairs in life: laundry, house cleaning, bill paying, hair cuts, doctor appointments, dog grooming, etc. It was a very busy week! I ordered a new pair of eyeglasses since mine were falling apart. I sure hope I'll be able to see better too... We enjoyed dinner in Lufkin at Tokyo Steakhouse [similar to Benihana] with Beverly from the Motorcade Club office with a luscious turtle cheesecake afterwards. Thanks Beverly!
Yesterday, we left Nacogdoches and headed south to Montgomery where we will be staying all week at the Lake Conroe/Houston North KOA. It's a huge campground with an indoor pool and even has a Kamp K9 which Gabbi loves. Shortly after we got here, Ed & Connie came over to the RV and after cocktails, we went to dinner at 7 Leguas not far from here. The restaurant is named after the horse ridden by Pancho Villa in battles during the Mexican Revolution. It was fun and oh my gosh, was it ever good! They have a deep fried avacado which I had never heard of before. I had to try it along with their stuffed poblano pepper...oh my! And they know how to make the best michelada! Next, we visited the Marble Slab Creamery! Need I say more? I'm starting to notice that I seem to talk about food a lot of the time. I'm also shocked I haven't gained any of the weight back that I lost over the summer. I weigh myself every day so it won't sneak up on me either!
It's a beautiful day here, a bit cloudy, but almost 80 degrees with a nice breeze! We're fixin' to mozy on over to Ed & Connie's for some home made beef stew and a long visit. We've missed them so much since they left Fall City but now we understand why they love it here so much! I'm trying to get into the Texan lingo. You know what they say, when in Rome... This is our third winter in Texas and each year we stay a little longer than the last. We're not looking forward to heading home anytime soon due to the weather reports we've been hearing for the Pacific Northwest area! This is one of the reasons we are enjoying the RV life as much as we are. We get to see our beautiful country and we have a home in every city we visit! It doesn't get much better than this, although I do miss my sewing room and I'm sure Kris misses his biodiesel factory! Who knows what the future will bring?
If I don't have a chance to blog before Thanksgiving, my hope is that you all have a wonderful day of giving thanks with your friends and/or families. We'll be joining Ed & Connie for turkey dinner at the clubhouse in the community where they live. They live in a gorgeous gated community which is on a golf course at Lake Conroe. We're all truly blessed.
Have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment