Thursday, November 4, 2010

The joys of RVing!

It suddenly hit me right upside the head that we are living in nothing more than a leaky 40' long by 8' wide fancy expanding box on wheels. I have cabin fever like you wouldn't believe! I think it was yesterday when we were packing up and getting ready to hit the road again. I was trying to be helpful and brought in the slides while Kris was outside unhooking the water, etc. I went back to the bedroom area to get something I forgot. It was dark and I could hear noise like water dripping so I turned on the light and saw that the bed and everything on it was soaked. To make matters worse, water was still pouring in through the top of the slides I had just brought in! I had forgotten it rained all night, ugh, and we have to "tip" the coach first to let the water run off the slides before bringing them in whenever it rains. I think I will try NOT to be so helpful in the future!

Fortunately, when I told Kris what happened, he could see how upset I was so he didn't dare get upset. He said he probably woud've done the same thing because it had been so long since it rained he would've forgotten to tip first. I was so relieved, I had a sort of mini melt down right then and there [oh, the joys of menopause]! Kris spent the next hour removing wet papers and other drenched items from the bed, then stripping the bed, putting sheets in the dryer and spreading the comforter out wherever he could, to allow it dry. What a mess! I was ready to pack it all in and just head home! Kris is such a trooper, he just keeps on going. What would I do without him?

The Unclaimed Luggage Center turned out to be quite a let down. It wasn't much different than shopping at your local Goodwill store. I did find a couple of name brand sweaters for a good price and Kris found a cheap solar calculator. They had mostly shoes and clothes, but also jewelry, laptops, cameras, luggage, cell phones and an annex with junk according to Kris. I didn't make it to the annex so I have no idea. I'm glad we went and got that out of our systems! That night we went to a really great Mexican restaurant!

Kris chose to skip the US Space Center Museum after seeing the brochure. We may do the Houston Space Center tour instead. We went into Huntsville and did some banking and other errands and went back to the coach where we listened to all the news on the elections taking place. We're pretty excited about the outcome!

The next day, we drove from Scottsboro, AL to Meridian, MS where we spent last night. It rained again most of the night but this time we remembered, well, . . . YOU'UUU know!

That brings us to this morning and we are on the road again, planning to camp at Monroe, Louisiana tonight. If all goes well, we'll be in Nacogdoches, TX Friday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment