Sunday, October 10, 2010

Made in the USA!

We had two days of easy driving eastbound on I-70 and drove through some interesting places: Cuba [Missouri] and Brazil  [Indiana] ~ we thought we were in the U.S.A! We also drove through Spokane [Missouri] and had always thought there was only one Spokane. The interesting thing is although it was named after Spokane, WA, they pronounce it Spo-cane. It's a tiny little place.

We spent Friday night in Mulberry Grove, IL and arrived in the Dayton, Ohio area on Saturday afternoon. We'll be in Ohio for three weeks touring several [and I mean several] factories around the state. We lost another hour in Indiana [I hate it when that happens!] and are now in the Eastern time zone. We're staying at a very large KOA in Brookville, Ohio for a few nights with 26 other Foretravel coaches. The leaves have just turned here within the past few days and we're surrounded by such color and beauty, it's breathtaking! I posted a few shots below, in no particular order.

Tonight we had a wonderful group dinner at a place called Barnsiders. Ate too much as usual, but it was so much fun. Today is Kris's dad's 91st birthday on 10/10/10! Kris called him during dinner and all  of our group sang happy birthday to him! That's over 50 people... I think it made his day!

Tomorrow, we're up early for an all day bus tour! More later...heading to bed, got to get up mighty early!

In the KOA campground at Brookville, Ohio.

Campground in Mulberry Grove, Illinois

Welcome to Ohio!

Fueling up at Pacific Pride in Richmond, Indiana.

Typical scenery driving on I-70 eastbound.

Unusual bus parked next to Pacific Pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment