Thursday, September 23, 2010

What happened to our sunshine!

What do you get when heavy rain is mixed with high winds? A shower, and then some! All I needed was a bar of soap and some shampoo and I would've been set. The rain started during the night last night and has not let up. We left Wakeeney around 11am and headed east on I-70 once again. We stopped at a WalMart during a lull in the rain somewhere near Ft. Riley to get a couple of items and ended up with a cart full and had to push it all the way to the RV in the rain. Oh and I just found out that my cousin Linda in Michigan has a son stationed at Ft. Riley. Wish I had known that earlier.

The further east we went, the heavier the rain was. We're now camped at Deer Creek Valley RV in Topeka and there's a flash flood watch until midnight! We just discovered a leak in the ceiling between the kitchen and the bedroom and had to set out a couple of Tupperware bowls and a towel to catch the water. It's not just one drip, mind you, but several... I knew things were going too smoothly, something had to give! I have no idea how I'm going to take Gabbi out for her potty break later! It's raining at a rate of up to 2" per hour. Kris is brave and went to visit the Foretravel next to us with our atlas to find out how they're going to get to Branson. There are six Foretravels headed to Branson from here tomorrow where we'll be a group of about 80 Foretravels. I am so looking forward to being in one place for two whole weeks!

Not a pleasant drive today...

On a brighter note, Gabbi made a new friend this morning back at the Wakeeney campground. Her name is Sophie and she's the same age as Gabbi [both turn two in October] and a pound heavier. They got to play together and run around in the campground store/office. Sophia makes Gabbi look small and Gabbi is usually the biggest in any group of Yorkies...LOL. Sophie was black and tan like Gabbi until she was about 9 months old, then she went silver.

Sophie & Gabbi getting acquainted
I just love this picture of Sophie













We are so fortunate to be able to travel across the country and meet so many nice people along the way that we would not have otherwise met. We miss our friends and family while we're away too...



No comments:

Post a Comment