Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wednesday's come and gone, we're still in Palm Springs!

We would be on the road by now, but fortunately [or unfortunately, depending on how you view it] our tow Jeep would not start yesterday after we had loaded up the car with all the goodies from our Costco shopping spree. I was not aware the Jeep had been acting up for several weeks off and on, since I rarely drive these days. This time it took quite awhile to get it to start up and we got concerned so we took it into the nearest Jeep dealer for service. So far, they have not been able to duplicate the problem so we are driving a rental car for the time being. Hopefully they will figure it out and we can be on our way.

It has been one of those days! This morning, Gabbi was getting a bath and I felt a lump on her. Since I didn't have my glasses on, I couldn't see what it was but it felt like something was under her skin. I poked and pulled but it didn't come loose. Once we got out of the shower and I had my glasses on, I saw that it was a bug attached to her. Now I was really grossed out. It didn't look like any tick I had ever seen, it was the size of my pinkie fingernail! I got out my tweezers and pulled and pulled and it finally came loose. I googled pictures of critters that attach themselves to dogs and lo and behold, it WAS a tick. Fortunately, it hadn't had time to engorge itself with her precious blood. Gabbi didn't seem bothered by it but you can never tell what a dog's thinking can you? So, long story short, the tick collar went back on which I hated to do, but... She's such a good girl and doesn't seem to mind. Now I check her every time she comes back from the dog park!

Won't you play with me please!!!???
We spent two whole days and nights dealing with wind/dust storms right after we arrived in Palm Springs! I have never seen anything like it and hope never to see it again! We had left the Jeep windows cracked because of the heat and forgot all about it . . . need I say more? The last couple of days have been spent shopping, doing laundry and exploring on our Segways.  Tonight, we went out for Mexican food with Gene & Betty. The other day, they took us to El Paseo, a high end mall in Palm Desert where Kris & Gene found their dream car.

Can you see the big smile on Kris's face?

No comments:

Post a Comment